Waterfund Investment Expertise
Gain access to our global portfolio of water producing assets.
IDENTIFY NICHE ASSETS WITH ABOVE-INDUSTRY RETURNS
- Small to medium-sized water infrastructure assets, below the radar of utilities and large funds
- Monopoly or near monopoly in terms of supply position
- Work with trusted local operating partners in the regions in which we invest
- Look for demand characteristics that support on-going supply expansion
SELL TO HIGHEST QUALITY OFF-TAKERS
- Enter into Water Purchase Agreements (WPAs) with high credit quality off-takers (industrial, extraction, agribusiness industry leaders) to guarantee revenue streams
- Sell remaining capacity at spot prices on opportunistic basis to take advantage of water price volatility
INITIAL FOCUS ON MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA(MENA)
- Severe potable water constraints due to arid climate and depletion of Arabian aquifer
- Liquidity constraints due to low oil prices create opportunities in the private sector to fund water production as governments and utilities divest non-core assets at attractive valuations to raise capital
- Price of water in GCC countries increased 238% from 2013-2015 due to initial reduction of water tariff subsidies
EXPERIENCED MANAGEMENT TEAM
- Over 20 years combined experience in the Middle East
- Saudi Arabia and other Gulf countries increasingly opening up to private investment in water infrastructure
- Significant demand growth for water offers upside to those able to provide supply solutions
Waterfund also provides investment and risk management to select water finance organizations around the world.
- Waterfund is an investor in niche clean water production assets that primarily service industrial clients with water-intensive production characteristics.
- The assets are sourced and operated by Waterfund in areas of extreme water scarcity – primarily the MENA region and Southeast Asia.
- Off-take agreements in place with high credit quality counterparties, creating a utility-like risk profile with above industry returns.
- Investment pipeline - over $200 million of currently operational assets all with potential to realize operational efficiencies, expand capacity, and/or negotiate better terms with off-takers